In light of the precautions being taken to restrict the spread of COVID-19, Hackney Library’s building is CLOSED to all patrons until further notice. However, we will be providing the following services to Barton students, faculty and staff only:
- 24/7 access to electronic resources will continue as always (use your Barton login to access these from off campus) from the library’s home page (barton.libguides.com)
- All physical items checked out since January 1 (books, DVDs, laptops) will be automatically renewed until August 30, 2020. If you receive an overdue notice via email for these items, please ignore it.
- If you need to request Interlibrary Loan items, please fill out the online form here. If you are requesting physical rather than virtual materials, they will be mailed to you when we receive them (please include your mailing address in the “Notes:” field on the form). E-articles will be sent to your email address.
- If you need to request items from Hackney Library’s collections within the building, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with title(s), author(s) and call number(s) if available to request the item(s). Include your mailing address, and we will mail these to you.
- If you would like to return any items to us before we reopen, you may mail them by whatever service you choose to Hackney Library, Barton College, PO Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893-7000.
Remember, you may always contact us with questions at email@example.com. (Please do not leave us voicemails, as we may be working remotely at times.) We look forward to an easing of these restrictions, but until then, we will continue to serve you in the best way that we can. Take care, and stay healthy out there!