- A quiet, safe space to study, collaborate, and complete assignments. Check.
- 4 days of 24-hour library availability. Check.
- Free hot beverages. Check.
There’s all this and more during the return to Hackney Library of “Study ‘Round the Clock” during exam period! It all begins on Reading Day, May 5, 2017 and carries through to the end of final exams on Wednesday, May 10, 2017. As always, for much of this exam period, the library will remain open 24/7.
The library will be open the following hours during Spring 2017 Reading Day and Exams:
- Friday, May 5 (Reading Day) through Saturday, May 6: Open 8 am Friday, remaining open continuously until closing at 7 pm Saturday
- Sunday, May 7 through Wednesday, May 10: Open 2 pm Sunday, remaining open continuously until closing at 6 pm Wednesday
- Thursday-Friday, May 11-12: 8 am – 5 pm
“Study ‘Round the Clock” provides an additional 34 hours that the library will be open during exam period compared to the regular semester. In addition, during exams, free coffee, tea, apple cider, and hot chocolate will be available while supplies last to Barton students, faculty, and staff.
During these 24/7 periods, library services will be available from 8 am until midnight only. From midnight until 8 am the following morning, no library services will be available, but a police officer will be on hand providing security during that time. (Access will be limited to Barton students only during the midnight to 8 am time slots. Barton ID will be required for admission from midnight until 8 am).
So plan to visit Hackney Library during exams (remember to bring your ID for admission after midnight!) to get some extra study time in, and get your favorite hot beverage for free!
“Study ‘Round the Clock” is sponsored by Hackney Library, the Friends of Hackney Library, the Barton College Office of Student Affairs, and the Barton Student Government Association.