Need a place to study after-hours this exam period? Hackney Library’s incredibly popular “Study ‘Round the Clock” will provide just that opportunity, returning during final exams beginning Sunday, December 14, 2014. Because of how exams fall this semester, Study ‘Round the Clock will begin the Sunday before exams begin on Monday.
The library will be open the following hours during Reading Days/Exams:
- Friday, December 12: 8 am – 8 pm (regular hours)
- Saturday, December 13: 10 am – 7 pm (regular hours)
- Sunday, December 14 through Thursday, December 18, Study ‘Round the Clock begins: Library opens 2 pm Sunday and remains open continuously until closing at 6 pm Thursday
- Friday, December 19: Open 8 am – 5 pm
“Study ‘Round the Clock” provides an additional 33 hours that the library will be open during exam period compared to the regular semester. In addition, during exams, free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate will be available while supplies last to Barton students, faculty, and staff.
As a brand-new component during this semester’s event, we will be screening a different movie as a study break each evening beginning at 9 in the library’s technology classroom:
- Sunday, December 14: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Monday, December 15: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Tuesday, December 16: Legally Blonde
- Wednesday, December 17: A Charlie Brown Christmas
During these 24/7 periods, library services will be available from 8 am until midnight only. From midnight until 8 am the following morning, no library services will be available, but a police officer will be on hand providing security during that time.
(Access will be limited to Barton students only during the midnight to 8 am time slots. Barton ID will be required for admission from midnight until 8 am).
So plan to visit Hackney Library during exams (remember to bring your ID for admission after midnight!) to get some extra study time in, and get your favorite hot beverage for free! Good luck on your exams!
“Study ‘Round the Clock” is sponsored by Hackney Library, the Friends of Hackney Library, the Barton College Office of Student Affairs, and the Barton Student Government Association.